We at NYSORA, Inc need rules to keep our platform and services safe for you and for us. These Terms apply to all your activities on the NYSORA Learning System (hereinafter NLS) website and NLS mobile applications and other related services (“Services”).
1. Accounts You need an account for most activities on our platform. Keep your password somewhere safe, because you’re responsible for all activity associated with your account. If you suspect someone else is using your account, let us know by contacting our team. You must have reached the age of consent for online services in your country to use NLS’s applications.
You need an account for most activities on our platform, including to purchase and enroll in all learning activities. When setting up and maintaining your account, you must provide and continue to provide accurate and complete information, including a valid email address. You have complete responsibility for your account and everything that happens on your account, including for any harm or damage (to us or anyone else) caused by someone using your account without your permission. This means you need to be careful with your password. You may not transfer your account to someone else or use someone else’s account without their permission. If you contact us to request access to an account, we will not grant you such access unless you can provide us the login credential information for that account. In the event of the death of a user, the account of that user will be closed.
If you share your account login credential with someone else, you are responsible for what happens with your account and we at NYSORA will not intervene in disputes between subjects who have shared account login credentials. You must notify us immediately upon learning that someone else may be using your account without your permission (or if you suspect any other breach of security) by contacting our team. We may request some information from you to confirm that you are indeed the owner of your account.
Users must be at least 18 years of age to create an account on NLS’s Service’s and use the contents. If you are younger than the required age, you may not set up an account, but we encourage you to invite a parent or guardian to open an account and help you enroll in educational material or courses that are appropriate for you. If we discover that you have created an account and you are younger than the required age for consent to use online services (for example, 13 in the US), we will terminate your account. You can terminate your account at any time.
2. Enrollment and Lifetime Access When you enroll in NLS’s platform, you get a license from us to view it via the NLS Services and no other use. Don’t try to transfer or resell educational material in any way.
As a user, when you enroll into our platform weather it’s a free or paid material, you are getting from NLS a license to view the educational material via the NLS’s platform and Services, and NLS is the licensor of the educational material and all the material and courses are licensed, and not sold, to you. This license does not give you any right to resell the educational material or the courses in any manner (including by sharing account information with a purchaser or illegally downloading the educational material or course and sharing it on torrent sites).
In legal, more complete terms, NLS grants you (as a user) a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and view the educational material and courses and associated content for which you have paid all required fees, solely for your personal, non- commercial, educational purposes through the Services, in accordance with these Terms and any conditions or restrictions associated with a particular courses or feature of our Services. All other uses are expressly prohibited. You may not reproduce, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, sublicense, or otherwise transfer or use any educational material or course unless we give you explicit permission to do so in a written agreement signed by a NLS authorized representative.
We reserve the right to revoke any license to access and use educational materials or courses at any point in time in the event where we decide or are obligated to disable access to the educational material or a course due to legal or policy reasons.
3. Payments, Credits, and Refunds When you make a payment, you agree to use a valid payment method. Subscriptions are automatically renewed each month. If you want to cancel your subscription, make sure you do so manually before the renewal date.
If you are logged into your account, the listed currency you see is based on your location when you created your account. If you are not logged into your account, the price currency is based on the country where you are located. We do not enable users to see pricing in other currencies. In certain countries, the price you see may include such taxes.
3.2 Payments You agree to pay the fees for the educational material or courses that you purchase, and you authorize us to charge your debit or credit card or process other means of payment for those fees. NLS works with third party payment processing partners to offer you the most convenient payment methods in your country and to keep your payment information secure.
When you make a purchase, you agree not to use an invalid or unauthorized payment method. If your payment method fails and you still get access to the access to our Services you are enrolling in, you agree to pay us the corresponding fees within thirty (30) days of notification from us. We reserve the right to disable access to any course for which we have not received adequate payments.
4. Content and Behavior Rules You can only use NLS for lawful purposes. We can ban your account for repeated or major offenses.
You may not access or use the Services or create an account for unlawful purposes. Your use of the Services and behavior on our platform must comply with applicable local or national laws or regulations of your country. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and compliance with such laws and regulations that are applicable to you.
5. Using NLS at Your Own Risk Anyone can use NLS for teaching and learning. Like other platforms where people can post content and interact, some things can go wrong, and you use NLS’s Services at your own risk.
By using the Services, you may be exposed to content that you consider offensive, indecent, or objectionable. NLS has no responsibility to keep such content from you and no liability for your access or enrollment in any course, to the extent permissible under applicable law. You acknowledge the inherent risks and dangers in the strenuous nature of these types of courses, and by enrolling in such courses, you choose to assume those risks voluntarily. You assume full responsibility for the choices you make before, during and after your enrollment in a course.
We do not control what users do with the information they obtain from other users on the platform. You should not share your email or other personal information about you for your safety.
We are not liable for disputes, claims, losses, injuries, or damage of any kind that might arise out of or relate to the conduct of users.
When you use our Services, you may find links to other websites that we don’t own or control. We are not responsible for the content or any other aspect of these third-party sites, including their collection of information about you. You should also read their terms and conditions and privacy policies.
6. NLS’s Rights We own the NLS’s platform and Services, including the website, present or future apps and services, and things like our logos, API, code, and content created by our employees. You can’t tamper with those or use them without authorization.
All right, title, and interest in and to the NLS platform and Services, including our website, our existing or future applications, our APIs, databases, and the content our employees or partners submit or provide through our Services are and will remain the exclusive property of NLS and its licensors. Our platforms and services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Nothing gives you a right to use the NLS name or any of the NLS trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding NLS or the Services is entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such feedback, comments, or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation to you.
You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the NLS platform and Services: • access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the platform, NLS’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of NLS’s service providers.
• disable, interfere with, or try to circumvent any of the features of the platforms related to security or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any of our systems.
• copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code of or content on the NLS platform or Services.
• access or search or attempt to access or search our platform by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available search functionalities that are provided via our website, mobile apps, or API. You may not scrape, spider, use a robot, or use other automated means of any kind to access the Services.
• in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information (such as sending email communications falsely appearing as NLS); or interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the platforms or services, or in any other manner interfering with or creating an undue burden on the Services.
7. Miscellaneous Legal Terms These Terms are like any other contract, and they have boring but important legal terms that protect us from the countless things that could happen and that clarify the legal relationship between us and you.
7.1 Binding Agreement You agree that by registering, accessing or using our Services, you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with NLS. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not register, access, or otherwise use any of our Services.
Any version of these Term in a language other than English is provided for convenience and you understand and agree that the English language will prevail if there is any conflict.
These Terms (including any agreements and policies linked from these Terms) constitute the entire agreement between you and us.
If any part of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable by applicable law, then that provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms will continue in effect.
Even if we are delayed in exercising our rights or fail to exercise a right in one case, it doesn’t mean we waive our rights under these Terms, and we may decide to enforce them in the future. If we decide to waive any of our rights in a particular instance, it doesn’t mean we waive our rights generally or in the future.
7.2 Disclaimers It may happen that our platform is down, either for planned maintenance or because something goes down with the site. It may also happen that we encounter security issues. These are just examples. You accept that you will not have any recourse against us in any of these types of cases where things don’t work out right. In legal, more complete language, the Services and their content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We (and our affiliates, suppliers, partners, and agents) make no representations or warranties about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, security, lack of errors, or accuracy of the Services or their content, and expressly disclaim any warranties or conditions (express or implied), including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. We (and our affiliates, suppliers, partners, and agents) make no warranty that you will obtain specific results from use of the Services. Your use of the Services (including any content) is entirely at your own risk. Some jurisdictions don’t allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
We may decide to cease making available certain features of the Services at any time and for any reason. Under no circumstances will NLS or its affiliates, suppliers, partners or agents be held liable for any damages due to such interruptions or lack of availability of such features.
We are not responsible for delay or failure of our performance of any of the Services caused by events beyond our reasonable control, like an act of war, hostility, or sabotage; natural disaster; electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage; or government restrictions.
7.3 Limitation of Liability There are risks inherent into using our Services. We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request.
You fully accept these risks and you agree that you will have no recourse to seek damages against even if you suffer loss or damage from using our platform and Services. In legal, more complete language, to the extent permitted by law, we (and our group companies, suppliers, partners, and agents) will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages (including loss of data, revenue, profits, or business opportunities, or personal injury or death), whether arising in contract, warranty, tort, product liability, or otherwise, and even if we’ve been advised of the possibility of damages in advance. Our liability (and the liability of each of our group companies, suppliers, partners, and agents) to you or any third parties under any circumstance is limited.
7.4 Indemnification If you behave in a way that gets us in legal trouble, we may exercise legal recourse against you. You agree to indemnify, defend (if we so request), and hold harmless NLS, our group companies, and their officers, directors, suppliers, partners, and agents from an against any third-party claims, demands, losses, damages, or expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) arising from (a) the content you post or submit, (b) your use of the Services (c) your violation of these Terms, or (d) your violation of any rights of a third party. Your indemnification obligation will survive the termination of these Terms and your use of the Services.
7.5 Governing Law and Jurisdiction These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of New York, USA without reference to its choice or conflicts of law principles. You and we consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of federal and state courts in New York, New York, USA.
7.6 Legal Actions and Notices Any notice or other communication to be given hereunder will be in writing and given by registered or certified mail return receipt requested, or email (by us to the email associated with your account or by you to email@example.com ).
7.7 Relationship Between Us You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
7.8 No Assignment You may not assign or transfer these Terms (or the rights and licenses granted under them). For example, if you registered an account as an employee of a company, your account cannot be transferred to another employee. Nothing in these Terms confers any right, benefit, or remedy on any third-party person or entity. You agree that your account is non-transferable and that all rights to your account and other rights under these Terms terminate upon your death.
8. Dispute Resolution If there’s a dispute, our team is happy to help resolve the issue. Most disputes can be resolved, so before bringing a formal legal case, please first try contacting us.
9. Updating These Terms From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and NLS reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
10. How to Contact Us The best way to get in touch with us is to contact us through our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org . We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.
Thanks for learning with us.